The Reo V3 is the same kite design as the much loved Reo 2015 model, with fresh new colours and our new Contact-Water Control System with soft bar ends to help protect your surfboard against knocks from the bar.
The Reo V3 is advanced in design yet simple to let you focus on surfing the wave. Versatile performance makes all conditions, from on-shore slop to cross-off barreling reef breaks, fun and easy.
The relatively low aspect kite design combined with fast direct handling generates consistent power to get around sections in a wave. Finely tuned profiles and wing shaping offer unmatched drifting characteristics - as you ride down the line the Reo will float allowing more concentration lining up the next section.
De-powering the Reo V3 is smooth and efficient, canopy luff is progressive which means the kite maintains positive bar pressure and handling throughout the de-power throw range, making the kite very reactive at all angles of attack.
Hooked or un-hooked the Reo V3 performs to any given task in the waves. Simply trim in with the de-power cleat before unhooking and the Reo V3 will fly and float in unison with your riding movements. If you prefer to ride unhooked often we suggest connecting the back lines to the longer knot position. To customise bar pressure and turning speed use the rear tabs on the wingtips where the back bridle lines attach.
As with all Ozone products, we pride ourselves with top of the line manufacturing in our own factory, using the highest quality materials suited for the job. The Reo V3 is constructed with quality proven Teijin D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron providing a crisper feel and a stronger kite. The Reo V3 is designed tough without the need of unnecessary cosmetic items that only add weight and drag which reduce performance.
DESIGN & PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Versatile performance in all wind and wave conditions
- Direct handling - turns on a dime
- Mega de-power range
- Excellent float and drift characteristics
- Easy back line re-launch
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Anti line snag tip deflectors
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
CONTACT WATER CONTROL SYSTEM
THE CONTACT-WATER CONTROL SYSTEM OFFERS THE LATEST IN RELEASE FEATURES, A CLEAN CONTROL BAR DESIGN AND A SIMPLE EASY-TO-USE TRIMMING SYSTEM.
Push Away Quick Release – The control system features our Megatron push-away quick release with total flag out of the kite. The release handle is ergonomic with positive release forces for quick and easy release. Simple re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Two Release Modes – The Megatron offers riders a choice of two…
Push Away Quick Release
Two Release Modes
Anti-twist Flag Out Line and Spinning Handle
Auto Positioning Chicken Loop
Soft Bar Ends with Hide-away Elastic Line Retainers
Stainless Steel Leader Line Pin
Low Friction Centre Piece
PU Covered De-Power Line
Stainless Steel Trimmer Bracket
Bungee Trim Line & Magnetic Handle
500kg/300kg Flying Lines
Ergonomic EVA Grip
38cm, 45cm, 50cm and 55cm Sizes
Ozone Reo V3 - Wave Riding Freedom from Ozone Kites on Vimeo.